Writing Challenge - Day Two

Writing Challenge - Day Two


Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot

This one I have been putting of for some time now, and I am not sure why. I have a hard time writing about myself!

There are lots of things that people have told me about myself, I have always been very hard headed and strong willed since the earliest I can remember. I was a hard person growing up. I ended up joining the military when I was 17 and it was so so hard for me, being I was so 'strong willed'. I got into some trouble when I was in basic training. They tend to not like it when you do not listen and obey immediately! To be honest I almost didn't make it through. It was rough.

The one thing that will always stay with me was what one of the drill sergeants told me at the end, when I did make it. He and one of his battle buddies (a very scary female lol or so I thought then) gave me a ton of crap the whole time I was there. I was always doing push-ups and extra stuff just for being lol....well and my attitude. 

After I graduated they told me that I should never lose my attitude, never change the way I feel so strongly about things, keep the passion, but learn how to control it and learn how to have tact. They told me that they gave me such a hard time because they saw potential and they knew I could take it. Well here I am thirteen years later, still going strong on that attitude but I have taken what they said and learned from it. I will never forget it. Never let someone take your passion and your attitude from you, they are some of what makes you you.