Making Plastic with Milk

How to make plastic with Milk


My kids wanted to do more milk science but I was out of ideas so I went to Pinterest to get some ideas. Plastic made from milk! Did you know that you can make plastic with milk?! I did not know this! Check out this site to read more about this!

Here is what we did!

What you need:
2 Cups of milk
6-8 tsp of vinegar


We heated the milk on the stove just until it was warm, then we added the vinegar and stirred pretty slowly and it started to clump up and curdle. We stirred for about a minute. 

Looks Yummy :P

We then started to strain the curds from the remaining liquid. Cheese cloth would have worked great here but I did not have any so I just used a small strainer instead. 






We strained it out a few times and then used paper towels to get as much moisture out as we could. After all this is felt a bit like a soft clay. I let the kids each take some and put it in their cookie cutters. 








This is how it looked after drying for 24 hours. We are going to let it dry for another 24 hours and see how it looks after that!