Connecting with Nature

Connecting with Nature



I have fears of being outside but I love it outside once I finally get there. It is getting there that is the problem. There are so many fears, some rational, some not. I am learning to get over these fears and try to ask myself how realistic they are. For example... What are the odds of getting bitten by a snake? Probably not that high, so that is not a realistic reason for me to stay indoors. 

I really want my children to love our world and care for our world. I do not want them to be scared of everything that passes them. I want them to know animals, bugs, plants, trees, flowers, dangerous things, everything. And I want them to appreciate it. But how can that be done if I am afraid to leave the house? 

It is going to be a long road for me but I am going to do it. I am starting to read a book that was recommended to me and I cannot wait to read it to get wonderful ideas to get us outdoors and start appreciating our world, even if it is just our backyard. The book is Coyote's Guide to Connecting with Nature by Jon Young, Ellen Haas, and Evan McGown. 
                                                                                   
I joined a book group who all is reading this book as well in hopes to gt a better understanding of it and learn other perspectives. I am going to try to share each week my thoughts on the current chapter. 
I am very excited to learn and grow while reading this book!